Atmospheric Cherenkov experiments
Telescopes and telescope systems:
- CANGAROO at Woomera, Australia [Collaboration between Australia and Nippon for a Gamma Ray Observatory in the Outback]. See also the Australian page from Adelaide.
- CANGAROO-III system of four 10 m telescopes in Australia (fully operational since March 2004).
- CAT [Cherenkov Array at Thémis]
- CLUE [C(h)erenkov Light Ultraviolet Experiment] at the HEGRA site on La Palma (operational from 1997 to 2000)
- HEGRA Cherenkov Telescopes on La Palma, Canary Islands (operational until Sep. 2002)
- H.E.S.S. [High Energy Stereoscopic System], four 13 m telescopes in Namibia (see also pages from Paris, fully operational since December 2003)
- MACE [Major Atmospheric Cerenkov Telescope Experiment] (project in India)
- MAGIC (a 17 m telescope on La Palma, Canary Islands, operational since 2003)
- University of Durham (operational until March 2000)
- PACT [Pachmarhi Array of C(h)erenkov telescopes] at the High Energy Gamma Ray Observatory at Pachmarhi, India
- TACTIC [TeV Atmospheric Cerenkov Telescope with Imaging Camera] at Mt. Abu, Rajasthan, India.
- VERITAS [Very Energetic Radiation Imaging Telescope Array System] (under construction in Arizona, USA)
- Whipple Gamma-Ray Telescope on Mt. Hopkins, Arizona
Solar power facilities as light collectors:
- CACTUS [Converted Atmospheric Cherenkov Telescope Using Solar-2] (Initially called Solar Two Observatory.)
- CELESTE [CErenkov Low Energy Sampling and Timing Experiment] at Thémis, France
- GRAAL [Gamma-Ray Astronomy at ALmeria] near Almeria, Spain (operational 1998-2001)
- STACEE [Solar Tower Air Cherenkov Experiment] at Sandia Labs, New Mexico
Cherenkov counter arrays:
- AIROBICC (non-imaging counters in the HEGRA array)
- BLANCA [Broad LAteral Non-imaging C(h)erenkov Array] (at CASA), see paper)
- TUNKA-25 (array of non-imaging counters near Lake Baikal)
Other Cherenkov light detection concepts:
- SPHERE (a balloon project looking for light reflected on snow) (link not operational)
- GAW Gamma Air Watch (a project using Fresnel lenses for imaging).
- FGST [Fermi Gamma ray Space Telescope] (see also: Stanford page)]
- CTA [Cherenkov Telescope Array] (a project taking Cherenkov telescope arrays to a larger scale).